Chantrelle! ... right?

digital.moth

Found near a footpath, growing alone in the vicinity of douglas firs but across the trail from another patch of similar mushrooms growing out from under (but, it didn't seem, from) a downed log, crammed together but not connected. Would the latter spoil the prospect all-together?

Having done my homework on this one I am *fairly* sure of myself, BUT this being my first find a bit of validation would be greatly appreciated, especially faced with countless threats of Jack O' Lantern look-alikes. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Clearly I didn't "do my homework" on the spelling of "Chanterelle". o__O

post-563-0-56575500-1378943668_thumb.jpg

Not familiar with the Chant species that grow in your area, so I will give a more general opinion. To me the gills and cap structure do not look like Jack o Lantern mushrooms. The image does to me look like a species of Chant. Check them out at http://www.mushroomexpert.com/sitemap.html under cantharellus and see what you think.