Hunting in April.

April 20th.

I love hunting under the rain and April 20th was a rainy day. I love it because i can hunt without competitor, completely alone in the wood with fresh air.

The morels was pretty small, but i pick up 0,99oz in totaly

Following some photos.

The first one.

8681076506_d64dcda375_c.jpg
A family.

Dad, mom and son.

8680015883_7962e6c766_c.jpg
A picked up group.

Someone is already pass through (I'don't cut the stem on the ground, is not good for the mycelium, remember that!)

8681135156_cde4e36619_c.jpg
I founded some Mitrophora semilibera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morchella_semilibera).
8680035471_8fcb2ddc1a_c.jpg
April, 25th.
It was holiday in Italy, we celebrate liberation from nazism and fascism.
Certainly I had some time to spend in hunting, so I tried a wood of ash and I selected the right place.
In the air there was poplar's pollen, it's a sunny day, fortunately I didn't meet anyone (I'm a very loner guy, I know).
The morels were bigger than the morels picked up five day before. Bigger and more.
Some photos.
Morel and pollen.
8680064781_b3bd3c410d_c.jpg
Brother and sister.
The final result.

I hope to enjoy you and I hope haven't made too many syntax error.

Nice photos keper! And, all of your comments are perfectly understandable. So don't worry too much about syntax.

I know what you mean about preferring privacy when mushroom hunting. Some areas where I hunt morels in woods with elm trees get a lot of mushroom hunters. It always makes me feel like I'm arriving at the spots after someone else has picked all the morels!

That one blackish morel which is labeled "Mitrophora semilibera" looks more like a Black Morel than a Half-Free Morel to me. I think Morchella elata is a name commonly applied to European Black Morels.

Yes, they are called spugnoli in some places. You could get very confused trying to keep track of all the local names for funghi in Italia.

Or anything else :D

Example: pillow

guanciale in my mom's dialect

luagie in my dad's

Thanks, amico mio!

@Dave: I'm sure that is "Mitrophora semilibera", the photo isn't explicative.

About the name, Tasso is right there are many names of mushrooms in Italy.

Example:

Morels -> Morchelle (is the taxonomic name) used in Lazio, Spugnole or Spungole used in Piemonte.

Armillaria mellea -> in English you call it honey, in Piemonte we call it Famiole, in other place in Italy it is called Chiodini.

Cantharellus cibarius -> I don't know how you called it, in Piemonte we use Garitula, in Lazio we use Galletti, in Trentino Alto Adige we use Finferli.

The real name of the pillow is cuscino, also called guanciale (because we put cheek (guancia in Italy) on it), I never heard laugie.

@Feral: very funny, LOL

@Tasso: you're right in Toscana they call it cantarelli, never heard before (it's funny to heard a mushroom's local name in american forum).

My wife cook morels in this way:

scallion + oil (extra vergin) + parsley, 30 minutes to eliminate termolabile toxins, add white wine until reduce, to avoid mush tun of morels when the mushroom's water are evaporated add spoon of broth until cooking end.

We eat that with home made tagliatelle. Very yummy.

(In Italian language:

Scalogno, olio extra vergine di oliva, prezzemolo, cottura per 30 minuti per eliminare le tossine, sfumare con vino bianco, nel momento in cui l'acqua dei funghi evapora aggiungere brodo vegetale per evitare di avere una purea di morchelle)

@Dave: I'm sure that is "Mitrophora semilibera", the photo isn't explicative.

About the name, Tasso is right there are many names of mushrooms in Italy.

Example:

Morels -> Morchelle (is the taxonomic name) used in Lazio, Spugnole or Spungole used in Piemonte.

Armillaria mellea -> in English you call it honey, in Piemonte we call it Famiole, in other place in Italy it is called Chiodini.

Cantharellus cibarius -> I don't know how you called it, in Piemonte we use Garitula, in Lazio we use Galletti, in Trentino Alto Adige we use Finferli.

The real name of the pillow is cuscino, also called guanciale (because we put cheek (guancia in Italy) on it), I never heard laugie.

@Feral: very funny, LOL

Galletti are chanterelles. :)

EDIT: Tasso beat me to it. :)