Puffballs & Meadow Mushrooms

mwants

First of all, are you sure of your Agaricus as to its edibility? Secondly, picking mushrooms on golf courses is not a very good practice since they are known to use commerical herbicides and such. I'd be very careful if I were you and would probably not eat them if it were me.

In eastern North America there are a few types of Agaricus that are sickeners. But these types mainly grow in the woods or gardens, and usually they have an unpleasant medicinal odor.

I agree with ladyfish about avoiding collecting (otherwise) edible mushrooms from golf courses. Golf courses receive lots of pesticides/herbicides, and some mushrooms concentrate these substances. The Horse Mushroom, Agaricus arvensis, is a delicious mushroom. But it is known to concentrate heavy metalls, so one should be careful about the environment where they are collected.

The ones seen in mwants's photo look to me like one of the types called Field Mushroom... A. campestris, or one of the related species.