• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

Agaricus newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

Over the past couple of weeks, I have found several of these in my general area. This latest one is toothed, like a Lion's Mane (Hericulum). From the road, they look like a Sulfur Shelf, but are whiter, instead of the yellow/orange colors I see posted. Any help on the id would be appreciated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 upsinker

upsinker

Agaricus newbie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:10 AM

Over the past couple of weeks, I have found several of these in my general area. This latest one is toothed, like a Lion's Mane (Hericulum). From the road, they look like a Sulfur Shelf, but are whiter, instead of the yellow/orange colors I see posted. Any help on the id would be appreciated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Climacodon septentrionale (shelving tooth, northern tooth) - not edible as far as I know, but pretty cool looking.

#3 ladyflyfsh

ladyflyfsh

Administrator

• Admin
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:54 AM

I found one of those in PA and Zora had to tell me what it was

Posted Image

#4 Drew

Drew

Agaricus newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

Cool! Thanks a lot. It really doesn't matter if I can eat it or not...at least now, I know what they are. This is a new one for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

If you would like to make a donation to help maintain this forum we would like to make it as easy as possible for you. If you enjoy this site and would like to keep it going your help is greatly appreciated. Donations can be made in any amount through PayPal using most common credit cards or a PayPal account by clicking on the button below. We appreciate your support and to show it we will make a page to acknowledge donors unless you wish to remain anonymous.