How many oysters?

Hey y'all1 So here's the deal. The emerald ash borer has landed on my property.For those of you that do not know,they will wipe out the entire species.Of course I will harvest what lumber and firewood I can but I'm going to have at least 500-600 ash stumps at a minimum. The only ideas I have come up with would be to inoculate the stumps with oysters.

So,just how many different kinds of oyster mushrooms are there out there? If I have that many stumps I'd like to utilize them in some capacity.Mushrooms sounds good to me. Anyone know of other mushrooms that will thrive on ash? I'd really like to try some lions mane if y'all think they'd go.

Any help at all folks!

Thanks

Wade

I don't know much about cultivating mushrooms, but I have found Oysters on ash wood in the wild. Flammulina velutipes is another edible species I have seen on ash. Do you get morels in your ash woods? If so, then it may turn out that, as the trees die, you get some good morel fruitings as a result of a last-ditch effort on the part of the associated Morchella fungus to reproduce before dying along with the trees.

Sorry to hear about your ash trees, Wade. We're losing White Ash trees in some of our local forests. Also, the wooly adelgid is wiping out many of our local hemlock trees. There's also a blight that's been taking many beech trees.

Maybe you should post this question in the "cultivation" section of our website.