ID help please

eat-bolete

Went for a walk this chilly morning, still a few Suillus out there and plenty T. flavovirens, no Leccinums.

Found a few I'm not familiar with:

No smell on any of them, the white one does not exude any milk. Last one is Laccaria?

post-1017-0-09465800-1448299916_thumb.jpeg

post-1017-0-48194500-1448299932_thumb.jpeg

post-1017-0-44925200-1448299974_thumb.jpeg

post-1017-0-30876700-1448299990_thumb.jpeg

post-1017-0-02454300-1448300015_thumb.jpeg

post-1017-0-23226800-1448300038_thumb.jpeg

post-1017-0-50037100-1448300055_thumb.jpeg

post-1017-0-07578700-1448300075_thumb.jpeg

post-1017-0-54518800-1448300092_thumb.jpeg

Top row, Hebeloma I think.

Yellow gills... possibly an atypically shaped Tricholoma flavovirens. Maybe some other Tricholoma species?

White gills is a Hygrophorus species. H. sordidus is a robust white-capped species. There are other possibilities.

I don't think the last one is Laccaria. My guess is Hebeloma. Spore print color would be useful here.

Thanks Dave. Will spore print them tonight. Is it a good idea to taste the H. sordidus? It's listed as edible, but not a popular pick. Are there dangerous look-alikes to research before tasting? Mushroom is robust, thick, almost fibrous stem. Gills run down the stem a bit more than on other photos I found on the web. No yellow developing in the center of the cap, it's uniformly white.

I am not aware of any toxic Hygrophorus species. Although there are a few species with strong/unpleasant odors that are considered to be sickeners. Genus Hygrocybe has a few toxic species. Among these are the black-staining ones with more-or-less conical caps... H. conica, H. singeri. In general, Waxy Caps are not considered to be choice edibles. Hygrophorus russula is okay, Cuphophyllus pratensis is good, Hygrophorus flavodiscus and Hygrophorus fuligineus are okay if you can deal with the slime.

Another possibility for the last mushroom in the set of photos --gray gills-- is Tricholoma.

Thanks Dave. The reason I thought the last one is Laccaria is because of thick, widely spaced gills. Is the stem what tells you tht it's not Laccaria? Spore print is white for all of them. Spore print for the white mushroom (H. sordidus) is very powdery, meaning the shape of gills is not forming.

post-1017-0-77709000-1448333958_thumb.jpg

Photo shows very thin spore print for the white mushroom, possibly H. sordidus. It's a fairly young-looking specimen so the spores are just beginning to mature.

White print for the last one rules out Hebeloma. Laccaria ochropurpurea is a possibility. Gill color looked a bit off to me, but this may just be a function of lighting/photo or age of the mushroom. Looks like an old specimen. I think Tricholoma is also a possibility, if the gills are actually grayer than the photo indicates.

Thanks Dave. Here are spore prints this morning. I'd say the color of gills of the last mushroom is more or less correct, maybe a little less pink and more yellow in reality, but then again I'm looking at it indoors now.

post-1017-0-62994700-1448372390_thumb.jpeg

Looks like it Dave, I agree. Taste isn't bitter though..or maybe it is very slightly..tastes kinda like celery.

The second mushroom in the first post (with yellow gills) printed white.