Fungi can be strange i guess!

1shotwade

I've been bushhoging today and just got home to find this in my front yard.That in it's self isn't strange considering this is the same tree that's been producing sulfur's for me for 5-6 years.What is strange is this is the EXACT location that I harvested a cinncinnatus in May! This is also the second flush of sulfurs on this tree this year!

Could it be that there really isn't a difference between the two? It is the EXACT cubic inch of space that I took the cinncinnatus from!Maybe we have a lot more to learn about fungi!

Wade

post-1125-0-67155900-1443646028_thumb.jpg

I sometimes wonder about such stuff, Wade. Different but similar "species" fruiting in the exact same spot. Is it sometimes a matter of the same species looking somewhat different at different times? or under different weather conditions?

I've been learning a bit about how fungi connects plants together and acts as a communications network,allowing them to share resistance to harmful intrusion.Makes me wonder if in fact the plant,in this case a wild cherry tree,isn't effecting the appearance of the fungi in return. I guess we'll have to wait till Paul Stamit figures it out!

Wade