Bolete ID

Could you help me ID this bolete, I am pretty sure it isn't poisonous and it didn't taste bad when i chewed a small corner and spit it out. But i would love to know if i can actually eat it.

Attached are four images, one before i picked it (it was growing on a side of a bank by a stream)

One with my hand for comparison

One to show the pores, they are quite dense and small

And another with the whole mushroom showing the pink cap, white stem and small yellow section of the base of the stem.

Thank you for your time,

Kara

post-1202-0-67137400-1437747669_thumb.jpg

post-1202-0-30056800-1437747687_thumb.jpg

post-1202-0-15707400-1437747706_thumb.jpg

post-1202-0-19307000-1437747724_thumb.jpg

Karacassidy, I'm not going to throw out an i.d. However you're on the right track, with a taste test and no staining. I'd certainly feel comfortable eating a small portion and checking for any side effects. I personally don't spend alot of time on "bolete" family i.d.s ; if they're non stainers, don't have red or orange gills, and aren't bitter I'm willing to give them a try. Try going over mushroomexpert.com and keying your find. Micheal's site has a huge data base.

Looks like Harrya chromapes (formerly Tylopilus chromapes), the species suggested by dualsetters. The pink cap and chrome yellow stalk base are good traits. If you section the mushroom then the chrome yellow should also be noticeable in the interior of the stalk base. Another trait of H. chromapes is that the stalk surface has little raised pinkish dots.