Trumpets! More.....

We went out this morning and just did a trail hike at this place called Tower Hill Pond......didn't leave the trail so only found so much. Wasn't planning on finding much so I only had a tiny little basket anyways.

Finally......

A little dry and beat up, but they seem to be edible.....no odors, no mold, I'm gonna eat them. It's been a long time coming. This is the first time I have ever found black trumpets. I'm on to you now fallax.

post-797-0-81683700-1437071678_thumb.jpgpost-797-0-13096700-1437071682_thumb.jpg

Not sure about this boletes ID, any suggestions? It's nice, fresh, and tastes pretty good. It's going in the random dried bolete jar.

post-797-0-45831700-1437071685_thumb.jpgpost-797-0-21711800-1437071689_thumb.jpg

A few more chanterelles. They look like ######, but they're just incredibly dry. They're bug free so I'll finish the job and save em' for later.

post-797-0-01093900-1437071693_thumb.jpg

A few more nice, firm bi-colors. They also look like ######, just a little dry from the sun light.

post-797-0-37511000-1437071862_thumb.jpg

Finally, more L.Hygrophorides with a few L.Volemus in the mix.

post-797-0-68821100-1437071698_thumb.jpg

It's going to be a dry couple of days, but more rain Saturday into Sunday. I have quite a few places to check for quite a few mushrooms so hopefully Sunday evening/Monday morning is good to go. What an addiction.

I love New Hampshire.

post-797-0-94241500-1437072123_thumb.jpgpost-797-0-74287000-1437072114_thumb.jpg

Brian, are you certain of your ID on those white ones with the decurrent gills? They look pretty white for an eastern NA Chanterelle. The white chants are a western NA type. I think the ones seen above may be Cuphophyllus virginiana (aka. C. pratensis var pallida). This type mushroom is edible.

I found some older smooth chants the other day that had a much lighter color. Maybe yours are just old. Or it's a good chnce that Dave is right. I'm thinking chants because of the spots of wrinkled false gills on top. I've never personally seen this in other mushrooms. I would think the aroma could help with ID. Unless both types have a similar smell.

Yeah.....Just old and they were in direct sunlight for probably 2 days. This isn't a place a usually hunt for mushrooms. My girlfriend likes it because this place is the local water supply, so insect control is top notch. We maybe hike here two or three times a year for the beauty. I might check off trail at this place for the next couple of days and I'll post some fresh chanterelle finds. The lack of bugs mean the mushrooms live out their lives to the fullest. There were L.Hygrophoroides here that were too old to pick that were almost tan.

I'd really like to ID that reddish, felt like bolete. So far, I've gotten nowhere. They were hands down, the tastiest boletes I have consumed.

I'm pretty sure I'm familiar with the mushroom you're talking about, and after doing a quick check on it, I believe in the past I've known it as hygrocybe as that popped up when I searched cuphophyllus virginiana.

I'm confident with the aged chanterelle ID. I just got some free dehydrating out of mother nature. My poor picture quality sure doesn't help any either.