Requesting ID of solitary, tan stump mushroom

I came across this mushroom two days ago. I passed it today and it's a slightly darker now. I can't tell what kind of dead tree it is growing on--the tree is too dead to ID. I'm in Hanover, NH, and the area I found the mushroom in is a mixed deciduous forest just off the road. The mushroom wasn't slimy to the touch, though it was very smooth and perhaps the tiniest bit wet. It did have a smell, but I can't really remember what. Perhaps it was a smell somewhere in between woody and moldy. There was only one of these mushrooms growing on the tree.

Please let me know if any more information would help with the ID. Thanks!

post-1126-0-26626600-1432843248_thumb.jpg

post-1126-0-30156800-1432843254_thumb.jpg

post-1126-0-39030900-1432843259_thumb.jpg

Looks like a Ganoderma in "button" stage. That is, newly emerged. Any chance that stump may be hemlock? Ganoderma tsugae, the Hemlock Varnish Shelf, commonly starts fruiting in late spring here in NE NA. If it's on deciduous wood, then it's likely a different species. But I'd still guess Ganoderma for the genus.

The shiny amber "varnish" finish develops as the mushroom expands. Check it again in a few days, or maybe a week. Hopefully the Pleasing Beetles don't eat it before it matures.

post-20-0-09200000-1432845006_thumb.jpg