Need help with ID

Hey guys, new to the forum here from Pa. Ive been picking mushrooms for a few years now, and an older friend of mine actually got me started. He is now 86 so i'm on my own in the woods, i usually stick to the basics and mushrooms i know, but while i was out last night looking for some ramshead i came across a cluster attached to a white oak root, in the open woods, in northeastern Pa. Not real familiar with chanterelles but this group does look like it could be from that family. All stalks are attached to a single base and they have a very aromatic fruity smell. Any help would be appreciated, also i have not done a spore print.

post-879-0-81661500-1410363137_thumb.jpg

post-879-0-90378200-1410363164_thumb.jpg

post-879-0-80580600-1410363196_thumb.jpg

I cant tell you what those are, but I can tell you that they are definitely not chantrelles... chants have ridges or 'psuedo-gills', these have well defined gills. I also believe that there are no chantrelle specias that grow in large clusters like that, but I could be wrong about that part as I am relatively new to chantrelles (though everything I have read suggests that they do not grow in clusters on wood).

Here is a chantrelle that I found earlier this season, note how the 'gills' look... they are more like folds and (when cut) the composition is the same as the rest of the mushroom.

20140802_190342_zps9e53ce93.jpg

Thanks for the response, i should have clarified that they were growing in the dirt butted up against an oak root. I only took a guess that they were related to the chanterelle family, the larger caps are starting to form that horn shape. I did find another cluster not far from these also next to a oak stump. They really do smell great, i was hoping to find them edible.