New color and shape

1left

I suspect the first 2 photos are Laccaria ochropurpurea as it should be in our area though this is the first time I noticed it, these where found on a path lined with young birch with mature beech and hemlock farther away. Last 2 photos are of a type of mushroom growing in an eastern white cedar area at the base of a trunk again this is a new one to me and the only naming coming to my mind is Hebeloma, any suggestions as I may mail it away for identification if it is possibly rare to the Maritime Provinces. thanks

post-645-0-79201300-1409528837_thumb.jpg

post-645-0-31456000-1409528863_thumb.jpg

post-645-0-55147000-1409528901_thumb.jpg

post-645-0-33762100-1409528926_thumb.jpg

Thanks Dave W, I'll mail a dried one to the NB museum as they don't have a dried specimen of E lividum or many of the Entolomas so this should be a new one for them.I didn't mention the unusual aroma of this mushroom which fits E lividum as well.

Entoloma Lividum has a very particular smell, that we described in Europe as freshly milled flour, that is characteristic. It is similar to the smell of the Clitopilus Prunulus if you have ever smelled that one.

That's interesting, Cedric. It means that extra caution needs to be exercised when one collects the edible Clitopilus prunulus. The spore color for Clitopilus and Entoloma are also very similar. Two differences are: 1. Clitopilus prunuls gills attached broadly to decurrent, Entoloma lividum gills attached narrowly to sinuate (by a thread), 2. Under a microscope... Clitopilus spores bumpy on account of radial ridges, Entoloma spores angular like polygons or very irregular.